Eastmark’s biggest night of the year is almost here. AwesomeFest 2018 (parade starts at 3:30 p.m. and festival is from 4 to 9 p.m. on April 14) is shaping up to be an epic night of live entertainment, delish eats, spectacular sights, and fabulous neighbors.
As we put the finishing touches on all the event details, we’ve also pulled together a few tips to help make your night even more awesome.
What should I bring?
- Your tickets (or wristband, if you got yours in advance). Everyone in your party will need a ticket, either printed or scannable on a mobile phone. A limited number of additional $10 tickets may be available (based on supply) for purchase at the entrance box office the night of the event.
- If you’re 21+, an I.D. for alcohol purchases.
- Cash or credit cards for food trucks; cash is required at beer gardens. We’ll have on-site ATMs, too.
- Blankets and low-back chairs for lounging and enjoying entertainment on the Great Park lawn in front of the Event Pavilion.
What should I leave at home?
- Coolers, ice chests.
- Outside food or beverages. Sealed water bottles will be allowed (one per person).
- Large (high-back) lawn chairs, umbrellas.
- Pets (Fido may not be a fan of the loud music, flashy lights, and large crowds).
Where should I park?
Parking is very limited, so please plan to walk, bike or carpool. A bike corral will be located near the event entry gates along Eastmark Parkway.
Parking will be available along Eastmark Parkway and Inspirian Parkway. ADA parking will be located near the north and south areas of the event.
Where can I watch the parade?
You’ll want to arrive by 3:30 p.m. to watch the AwesomeFest Parade make its way down Eastmark Parkway from Sequoia Pathfinder Academy to The Eastmark Great Park, and officially kick off AwesomeFest at 4 p.m.
Spectators can find a spot along the southbound side of Eastmark Parkway to cheer on the parade. Please follow the traffic control signs and police officers who will be directing traffic.
Where do I enter AwesomeFest?
Gates open at 4 p.m. There will be two main entrance points:
- Alongside Eastmark Parkway just east of The Eastmark Great Park
- To the west of the Eastmark Visitors and Community Center on Palm Plaza.
Box offices will also be located at the entrances if you need to buy tickets.
You won’t want to miss a minute of the AwesomeFest revelry. If you bought tickets in advance, make sure each member of your party brings a printed Eventbrite ticket, or digital version that can be scanned from a phone. This will help the lines move more quickly. Or, get your fast pass wristbands in advance.
Will there be food and drinks?
Thirteen local food trucks will be whipping up a variety of tasty eats and treats for purchase. Look for wood-fired pizzas, build-your-own cheesesteaks, hearty barbeque, gourmet taters, dressed-up dumplings, flavorsome burritos, and a whole lot more.
Eastmark’s own Handlebar Diner will serve up specialty dishes and drinks.
Three 21+ bar stations will sell wine and craft beers. As always, you need to be 21 or older and have proper identification to purchase alcohol.
What else will I need to pay for?
Bring home a souvenir! Vendors will be onsite selling light-up trinkets and AwesomeFest-branded t-shirts.
Food and drinks will be available for purchase.
What should I wear?
Wear what YOU think is awesome. This is the chance to show off your most awesome flair. Break out the sparkles, costumes, crazy hats, feather boas, bright colors, funky shoes, and silly accessories.
Still not sure what to wear? AwesomeFest-branded t-shirts can be purchased in advance or at the event.
Will there be restrooms?
Portable restrooms will be located throughout the event site. The restroom structure by The Orange Monster will be a designated family restroom.
The public restroom outside of the Visitors Center will be available for use, however access inside the facility will be restricted to performers and event staff only.
Where do I throw my trash?
Recycling, and trash stations will be set up throughout the event site. Please help us reduce the amount of garbage sent to a landfill by properly disposing of your waste items.
We hope you have a blast and enjoy every moment of AwesomeFest 2018. We’ll see you there!
Please note: The Bus Stop & the Community Pool at The ‘Mark will be closed that evening for regular use. Only event staff and performers will be permitted into the facility.
More questions? Run them by the Community Life Team.