Securing another major milestone for DMB Associates’ Eastmark community, BASIS, Arizona’s nationally renowned charter school, will open their BASIS Mesa at Eastmark campus in August 2013.
DMB is committed to building communities where learning is a way of life. We’re delighted to bring this charter school option to future Eastmark residents in the early phase of the community’s development. Eastmark’s central location in the East Valley will give hundreds of children the chance to earn a world-class education, supporting the region’s families and future workforce.
The BASIS model prepares students for the global economy. Their rigorous curriculum seeks to educate students at internationally competitive levels. Their educational philosophy rests on three concepts: a rigorous curriculum, student accountability and knowledgeable, effective teachers.
Charter schools in Mesa have a long and rich history, and this environment allows families to choose the best educational option to meet the needs of their children. These school options are in addition to the high quality school districts at Eastmark, the Queen Creek School District and the Gilbert School District.
DMB’s communities partner with local and regional educational institutions to provide lifelong learning opportunities to residents and the larger community. BASIS Mesa at Eastmark will sit adjacent to the Eastmark Great Park so students will be able to enjoy this community park, as an extension of their campus.
The BASIS Mesa at Eastmark will complement the East Valley BASIS programs, opening with grades 5-10, adding grade 11 by 2014 and grade 12 by 2015. BASIS Mesa may also add K through grade 4 in ensuing years.
Families can sign up for the BASIS Mesa at Eastmark interest list at www.basislink.org.
For more information on BASIS schools and Eastmark, click here.
The BASIS Model and National Rankings
• BASIS is the top performing school in Arizona with BASIS students ranked highest in Stanford 10 national test scores in both math and reading in 2012.
• All BASIS schools are “A” rated by the Arizona Department of Education (“AZEd”).
• BASIS has been recognized in multiple national and international publications as being one of the top schools in the U.S. (Newsweek, US News, Washington Post).
• BASIS has a rigorous curriculum and seeks to educate students at internationally competitive levels. The educational philosophy rests on three concepts: a rigorous curriculum, student accountability and knowledgeable, effective teachers.
• Approximately 5000 students attend BASIS schools with campuses in Tucson, Oro Valley, Scottsdale, Chandler, Flagstaff, Peoria and Washington, DC. BASIS is also opening new schools in Ahwatukee, San Antonio, and a new K-4 program in Tucson.
BASIS Schools, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit education organization that holds charters for BASIS Chandler (2011), BASIS Flagstaff (2011), BASIS Oro Valley (2010), BASIS Peoria (2011), BASIS Phoenix (2012), BASIS Scottsdale (2003) and BASIS Tucson (1998), and BASIS Tucson North (2012). BASIS schools are ranked among America’s Best High Schools by Newsweek, U.S. News & World Report, and The Washington Post, and were the subject of the 2009 documentary “2 Million Minutes: The 21st Century Solution.”
Welcome to Eastmark